17 December 2008

Math Brains.

I just took my first final exam. I chose not to worry about any other ones until after this one was behind me, because it was the one I was most worried about: Economics. Sometimes people who know me ask me, puzzled, why I'm studying economics. Sometimes I ask myself that. Probably about every day. Especially on days like that day a few weeks ago when I got a 77% on my Econ midterm and a glistening 100% on my English midterm. Frustrating. But I just know that buried down beneath all the qualitative, relative, complex, inconclusive, human, intellectual flotsam strewn all over my mind, are my Math Brain Muscles, atrophied and anemic from so many years without seeing the sunlight. And I refuse to let them wither and die. Why? Because of the singular satisfaction, like that I had this morning, of figuring out how to solve problems and knowing you nailed The Right Answers.

Hold on, Math Brains -- I'm coming.

3 comments:

Jacob Hansen said...

Yeah i like you am better at english. However as anyone can see, your writing skills are FAR BETTER. You should be a writer! Anyway I dont like math because you can't BS. I AM AN EXPERT AT KNOWING NOTHING BUT TRYING TO SOUND LIKE I DO. Seriously with the use of a few clever adjectives and a thesaurus you can turn any wad of crap writing into Shakespearean poetry! However with math you have to actually know crap. Screw that man! In life it isnt about what you know, its about how well you can convince others that you know everything!

Meg said...

Wayne, thank you for being my first blog follower. Also, be an english major.

Meredith said...

Oh Wayne! I am just recovering from my laughing spell, I love reading your writing! You are so great!