23 June 2011

Soul Parking.

Here are some good t-shirts I saw today:

"Please recycle my brother"
"Madonna breaks all the guys.  Please help her!"

Also: I have this theory that almost everyone I meet here has a counterpart from my Northern Hemisphere life.  With most people I can't quite place it, but I'll have this sensation like, You remind me of . . . someone.  As soon as I figure some of these out I'll tell you and you'll have a great idea of what these people are like.  I'm mainly talking about the people I work with, but the other day I saw Davey Morisson's doppelganger step off the subway.  That was pretty cool.  And it makes sense, I mean, if you've got to make 7 billion people in the world, you throw in some duplicates, scatter them to different parts of the globe, and no one's the wiser.

I don't actually think that.  In fact I believe so emphatically in everyone's uniqueness that I felt compelled to put this corny and unnecessary disclaimer. Yay snowflakes.

I'm pretty close to getting a house to rent.  Once I get a house then I feel like I'll be able to settle down my mind and have some more interesting ideas.  The title of this post comes from an actual parking garage I saw in Palermo, but it's kind of a nice serendipitous description for what I'm looking for right now.  Trying to figure out what's the ideal mix of things I value in a house: proximity to my work, price, security, charm (house), charm (neighborhood), proximity to the library, personality of the people who live there, nationality of the people who live there, height, presence of an ice cream shop on the block, smell, presence of a bidet, proximity to the subway, size of kitchen.  Those are pretty much the things I care about, some more than others.  Trying to decide between two houses right now, each of which beats the other in about half of those categories.  They're both great though.  What do you value most in a home away from home?

Speaking of snowflakes, I think there are lead ones hanging from every one of my eyelashes.  Good night.
Love.

1 comment:

katie said...

Access to public transit (because getting places is important), price, security, kitchen, charm (house & neighborhood), and ice cream shop of course! :) Good luck on the decision.

What kind of internship are you doing?